- The RAF wanted to recruit more IT engineers, an area they have traditionally found difficult to recruit for, by appealing to millennials.
- Working with our sister agency Partners Andrews Aldridge, the RAF designed an augmented reality experience designed to educate millennials on career opportunities within the RAF as engineers.
- Fuel were brought on-board to orchestrate a full communications strategy to drive RAF website traffic and, in turn, generate new engineer recruits.
- The main challenge developing the comms strategy was engaging millennials over a relatively long period of time.
- Fuel created a triggered campaign strategy mapped to all 12 events in the sign-up journey delivered across email and SMS. These channels were identified as key to ensuring high open rates.
- Participants received SMS messages prior to each email (8 communications in total) over a period of 10 months, designed to drive open and click-through rates.
- Live-click feeds were integrated to present a ‘future CV’, personalised at the time of opening, showing what a career in the RAF could look like for the participant after 5 years